where senior lawyer, and public interest litigation activist Mr Nagananda Kodituwakku has requested for a Writ of Mandamus against Supreme Court Justice Eva Wanasundera, and the Commission to Investigate Allegations of Bribery or Corruption, for its failure to initiate a credible investigation into the complaint made against the said Supreme Court Judge.
The Respondents in the action are named as follows;
1. Commission to Investigate Allegations of Bribery or Corruption;
2. T B Weerasuriya (Chairman) of the Commission;
3. W Lal Ranjith Silva (Member) of the Commission;
4. Chandranath Neville Guruge (Member) of the Commission;
5. Sarath Jayamanna, The Director General;
6. Eva Wanasudera, Supreme Court Judge; and
7. The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.
The Full Text of the Petition SC/Writs/03/2017, filed on 06.12.2017 can be read HERE.