The properties he has bought with the money are:
1. No. 15/1, Chandra Wettasinghe Mawatha, Koswatte, Nawala – house and 33-perch land (Rs. 38 million)
2. Three plots of land of 12 perches each at George E. de Silva Mawatha, Kandy (Rs. 50 m)
3. Apartment no. 70/3/1 at Kinsey Tower at Kinsey Road, Colombo (Rs. 30 m)
4. 20-perch land at Kuruppu Road, Borella
5. Apartment from Trillium Residencies, Colombo 08. He also has a 500,000 USD deposit at HSBC Bank in Singapore
6. Flat 04, Blyton House, 19-23, Sydenham Hill, London SE26 6SH. He also has a 500,000 USD deposit at HSBC Bank in Singapore
The CID presented all the details to courts on 22 September 2016. As Aluthgamage evaded courts on 20 and 21 of November 2017 citing the budget debate, his guarantors were issued notice.
By 1987, Aluthgamage was a recovery officer at The Finance Company Kegalle branch. From that position, his earnings in the next 30 years shows the miracles of his corrupt politics. The other thing is that if cronies like him swindled that much, how much more their masters, the Rajapaksas, would have swindled.
They swindled by making even the still unborn generations fall into debt to the world, who also will have to pay for their wrongdoing. From the joint opposition, Aluthgamage is speaking about the country and nation not because he loves either, but due to the pain of losing the opportunity to swindle more.