1) IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
LNW Media Network’s is made up of different legal entities.
http://www.lankanewsweb.net (herein after refers as the “Site”) is the controller and responsible for this website.
We use your Personal Information only for providing the best service to you and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes [first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender].
- Contact Data includes [billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers].
- Financial Data includes [bank account and payment card details].
- Transaction Data includes [details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us if any].
- Technical Data includes [internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, , the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website].
- Profile Data includes [your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses].
- Usage Data includes [information about how you use our website, products and services].
- Marketing and Communications Data includes [your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences].
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your [Identity, Contact and Financial Data] by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you [
subscribe to our service, news -letters or other publications;
apply for our products or services;
create an account on our website;
request marketing to be sent to you;
enter a competition, comments writing, promotion or survey; or
give us feedback or contact us.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytic providers such as Google that collect, monitor and analyze your activities.
- advertising networks
- search information providers
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources [such as Companies House and the Electoral Register
4. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table [Purposes for which we will use your personal data] above.
- Internal Third Parties (Other companies in the LNW Media Network Group acting as joint controllers or processors
- External Third Parties Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- Professional advisers [acting as processors or joint controllers] including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- regulators and other authorities [acting as processors or joint controllers who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances].
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information.
The Communications section is for businesses that may contact users via email (email newsletters) or other methods.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach, though there may be some threats beyond our control and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.