Sunday, August 14, 2022
spot_img
spot_img

Latest Posts

WB assists to purchase gas for the country for 04 months

Litro Gas Company has entered into an agreement to import 100,000 metric tons of LP Gas. The Supreme Media Unit says that this agreement was signed today.

The value of this gas stock is 90 million US dollars. The World Bank has provided funding of $70 million and Litro has provided the remaining $20 million.

This gas stock will be enough to meet the gas requirement for the next 04 months.

It is planned to provide 70% of the gas stock to domestic customers. 12.5 kg is estimated to get 5 million cylinders, 5 kg 1 million cylinders and 2.5 kg 1 million cylinders. The remaining 30% will be used for commercial purposes.

An initial stock of 33,000 tons of LPG obtained by the Litro Company at a cost of 20 million dollars will arrive in Sri Lanka by the first week of July and the authorities of the Litro Company say that the distribution activities will begin as soon as the gas stock arrives.

Latest Posts

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.