Colombo (LNW): The benefits to be delivered via the 2024 Budget Appropriation Bill.
- Initiating the establishment of four new universities to offer tertiary education to high school graduates.
- Launching a programme to allocate land to people living in the plantation community.
- Allocating Rs. 600 million to expedite the completion of the Bhimsaviya programme.
- Implementing a Rs. 1000 increase in the Senior Allowance.
- Enhancing the Allowance for differently-abled people and people of renal diseases to a maximum of Rs. 7,500.
- Increasing the monthly cost of living allowance for government pensioners from Rs. 2500 to Rs. 6,025.
- Elevating the Government Employee Living Expense Allowance by Rs. 10,000, reaching a maximum of Rs. 17,800.
These were conveyed in Parliament by President Ranil Wickremesinghe in his capacity as the Minster of Finance, Economic Stabilisation and National Policies.