Colombo (LNW): A critical ‘Level 03’ Red alert for landslide risks has been issued for Eheliyagoda area in the Ratnapura District by the National Building Research Organisation (NBRO).
The NBRO also issued an ‘Amber’ landslide early warning for select regions across the districts of Kalutara, Kegalle, and Ratnapura. Specific areas include:
- Kalutara District – Bulathsinhala and Ingiriya Divisional Secretariat Divisions
- Kegalle District – Warakapola Divisional Secretariat Division
- Ratnapura District – Ratnapura and Kuruwita Divisional Secretariat Divisions
Further, the initial ‘Level 01’ warnings have been issued for several areas as follows;
- Galle District – Baddegama, Elpitiya and Nagoda Divisional Secretariat Divisions
- Kalutara District – Palindanuwara, Mathugama and Walallawita Divisional Secretariat Divisions
- Kegalle District – Bulathkohupitiya, Dehiowita, Deraniyagala, Yatiyantota and Ruwanwella Divisional Secretariat Divisions
- Ratnapura District – Kiriella, Ayagama and Kalawana Divisional Secretariat Divisions
These pertinent landslide warnings are slated to remain in place until 10.30 p.m., today (04), and residents living across the flagged areas are strongly advised to stay vigilant about the possibility of landslides, slope failures, rock falls, cutting failures and ground subsidence.