Colombo (LNW): Due to ongoing heavy rainfall, early landslide alerts have been issued by the National Building Research Organisation for multiple areas across seven districts.
A Level 2 (Amber) advisory has been issued for several areas in the Kalutara, Kandy, Matara, and Ratnapura Districts, effective until 06:00 a.m. on the 29th:
- Kalutara: Ingiriya Divisional Secretariat Division
- Kandy: Pasbage Korale Divisional Secretariat Division
- Matara: Kotapola and Divisional Secretariat Divisions
- Ratnapura: Ratnapura Divisional Secretariat Division
Meanwhile, a Level 1 (Yellow) alert has been issued for:
- Galle: Neluwa and Elpitiya Divisional Secretariat Divisions
- Hambantota: Walasmulla Divisional Secretariat Division
- Kalutara: Agalawatta and Walallawita Divisional Secretariat Divisions
- Kegalle: Ruwanwella Divisional Secretariat Division
- Matara: Mulatiyana and Athuraliya Divisional Secretariat Divisions
- Ratnapura: Kalawana, Kolonna, Eheliyagoda, Kuruwita, Kiriella, Ayagama, Elapatha, Nivithigala, and Pelmadulla Divisional Secretariat Divisions
Residents of these areas are urged to remain vigilant due to the potential risks of landslides and other related geological hazards.