1. On the milestone occasion of the 100th episode of Mann Ki Baat, High Commission of India, Colombo hosted the live broadcast of the radio programme as it was aired worldwide on 30 April 2023 at the Swami Vivekananda Cultural Center in Colombo.
2. The 100th episode of Mann Ki Baat saw the Prime Minister recollecting the journey of the radio broadcast in its celebration of people’s participation and positivity. Prime Minister shared the transformative impact the programme has had by inspiring mass movements aimed at societal changes. The milestone episode revisited some of the popular stories on the themes of women empowerment, promotion of local handicrafts and nature preservation. It also featured a conversation between DG UNESCO and Prime Minister on the ways in which India is attempting to put culture and education at the top of the international agenda, especially in the context of holding the Presidency of G20.
3. The live broadcast was followed by a Special Panel Discussion on the theme of ‘Mann Ki Baat: A Leader’s Connect, A Nation’s Voice’. The distinguished panelists comprised High Commissioner of India, H.E. Gopal Baglay; Chairman, Liberty Publishers (Pvt) Ltd & Derana Macro Entertainment (Pvt) Ltd, Mr. Dilith Jayaweera; Director of International Affairs at the Presidential Secretariat, Mr. Dinouk Colombage and Chairman of FCBkl.lk, Mr. Santosh Menon.
4. The panelists discussed the platform’s ability to integrate the power of the individual for collective good. They underscored the value of emotional connect for effective communication. High Commissioner emphasised that the participatory approach of Mann Ki Baat brings people at the centre of India’s growth story. It provides a platform for sharing, learning and creating people’s movements to achieve national goals.
5. The programme was attended by members of the Indian community, local dignitaries and friends of India in Sri Lanka.
6. Mann Ki Baat is a monthly radio programme hosted by the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, where he interacts with citizens of India on various contemporary themes and issues. These include government policies and reforms, India’s cultural legacy and diversity, extraordinary achievements of citizens as well as global events of relevance, among others.
30 April 2023