CEB chairman withdraws the statement on the proposed Mannar Power Project

Date:

CEB Chairman MC Ferdinando says he will withdraw his statement before the COPE Committee on the proposed Mannar Power Project.

In a letter to the COPE chairman, he had said that he had made the statement due to the pressure and sentiments at the time and that the name of the Indian Prime Minister had been mentioned there.

Accordingly, he has informed in his letter that he apologizes unconditionally in this regard.

The Chairman of the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) had told the COPE Committee that President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa had pressured him to hand over the Mannar Power Project to the Adani Company as the Prime Minister of India Modi was insisting on giving it to Adani.

Share post:

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Former State Minister Nimal Lanza Arrested

Former State Minister Nimal Lanza has been taken into...

Former MP Athuraliye Rathana Thero Remanded Until September 12

Former Member of Parliament Athuraliye Rathana Thero has been...

Former Minister Rajitha Senaratne Remanded

Former Minister Rajitha Senaratne, who appeared before the Colombo...

Former Minister Rajitha Senaratne Appears in Colombo High Court

Former Minister Rajitha Senaratne, who has been the subject...